MY BLOG IS A SECRET?!

DSC_1318.JPG

I love my blog, I really do and I enjoy creating content and making it my own but something I still haven’t done is fully share it with the world. So I do have a link on my Twitter and Instagram pages but I don’t talk about it or let people know about it as I’m just nervous to what they may think, it sounds silly and yes, I just need to get out there and share my passion with everyone but I just can’t push the bullet.

My best friend reads my blog and her support is so uplifting and my boyfriend sees the content that I post and my family know about it but haven’t read it, but that’s about it! I would really love to share links through social media and maybe even put it on my Facebook one day, the day I get the courage to, will be a scary but good feeling. I see small bloggers post links all the time on their Twitter or Instagram pages and I wish I just had the guts to go do it and engage more to grow my audience but a part of me is too scared and nervous to… 🙁

I currently have 348 wordpress followers and just 110 on Bloglovin’ and I know it’s not a huge amount but to me I am grateful if just 1 or 2 people read my blog! I blog for myself, and I enjoy it and if others enjoy it too then thats amazing. When I get to 400 or 500 followers on my blog, that will be when I will push myself to start posting links to my blog posts and maybe even share it on Facebook. Wow, it’s scary just talking about it haha!

Does anyone else keep their blog quite private from the people they know in real life? Or am I the only one?

Until next time gals & ghouls

img_0033-7

Twitter · Instagram · Bloglovin’

8 Comments

1. April 20, 2017 / 3:50 pm

I don’t share my blog on my private social media accounts either. Not that it is a secret, I just like separating the two. If someone asks, I’ll give them the link.

For me, blogging is about a need to write and feel creative and I get happy when I can connect with others but I’m not in it for anything else than just to write about things I like.

2. April 20, 2017 / 6:38 pm

My blog is somewhat a secret in that it’s not linked to any of my personal accounts. I created alternate accounts on all social media just for my blog since I blog anonymously. I just prefer not to have say, a future employer, know all about my love for makeup. 😆

3. April 20, 2017 / 10:08 pm

I don’t share any of my stuff on social media…although to be fair, I have no social media. O.O” haha. I don’t know how I have lived my life thus far 😛

4. April 21, 2017 / 3:27 pm

You’re not alone, we don’t really share our blog on our personal social media. Far too many judgemental people on there! We shouldn’t really care about what they think but it’s scary isn’t it! Our family and close friends know and that’s about it! x

• April 22, 2017 / 6:18 pm

It’s nice to know im not the only one as i felt kinda weird about it haha. Yeh exactly i feel the same. Awwh well thats nice that they know tho 🙂 xx

5. April 24, 2017 / 11:13 pm

I get this so much! I do share my links on social media (other than facebook, where I am connected to most of my family). I don’t really like talking about it in person either. I feel like my blog is a really personal thing and to have an actual real life person that I know talk to me about it is like “WOAAH INVASION OF PERSONAL SPACE!” eventhough my soul is online for all to see.

6. April 30, 2017 / 3:08 pm

At first I was the same I was so nervous about sharing my blog incase people thought it was silly but then one day I just thought actually I don’t care I write this for me and not anybody else’s approval. So I shared it on my social media and I have had nothing but positive comments and feedback since x

• April 30, 2017 / 7:39 pm

Aw really, it’s nice to know I’m not the only one. I may go ahead and start sharing it soon! What have I got to lose 🙂 thank you x