New year is a great time to reflect on the past year and feel fresh for the next year ahead but when it comes to new year resolutions I never seem to be able to stick to them. Remember when I joined the gym? Yeah, me neither as I only lasted like a month HA. Yes, as a person I grow and change all the time as that is a part of living and growing up, I always strive to improve on things I do and just on myself as a person and my main goal is just to be good to myself and others and try to live a happy fun fulfilled life.
This past year A LOT has happened and it’s great to look back and actually realise how much has happened and how many memories I have made along the way.
- I travelled around Europe with my bestie
- I moved out of my parents and got my own flat
- I started my driving lessons finally
- I started management training and progressed in the company I work for (H&M)
- I learnt to love myself more
- I tried new foods (including sushi!)
- I witnessed one of my childhood best friends get married
- I finally dyed my hair blue which I wanted to try forever!
- I switched to using cruelty-free makeup and cosmetics
the happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts
I am a lover of lists and ticking things off once completed, even just daily tasks or anything work related too. Because of my love for lists, I have written down a few goals I would like to achieve this year which include –
- Get more arm tattoos
- Spend more time with my family
- Write on my blog more frequently
- Start doing fashion outfit posts on my blog
- Learn to drive and past my test!
- Spend more money on doing things rather than just buying things
- Look into doing a course on teaching
- Read more books
- Continue to express myself through my uniqueness and style
- Dye my hair dark green at some point
I look back at 2016 and it gets me excited that we now have a new year to carry on doing the things I love and I’m a big believer that self love is the start of happiness. I feel good about the year ahead and I just know 2017 is going to be a year of positivity, the year I believe in myself more, the year I focus on my blog more, the year I go on more adventures and maybe even the year of a career change! We shall see..