Amsterdam.

AMST

Last month I went interrailing around Europe with my closest and longest friend, Kristie. We spent 14 days travelling around by train to five different cities and it was one of the best things I have ever done. Our first stop was Amsterdam, and I think it was my most favourite place out of the 5, which was Berlin, Prague, Vienna and Paris.

DSC_0086

My first thought of Amsterdam were bikes, bikes, bikes everywhere! It was CRAZY. There were more people cycling around than there were people driving cars, no exaggeration there either. It was beautiful seeing everyone cycling around on their own or with friends, even people on their way to work in suits haha! We obviously rented out bikes for the day which was only like 7 euros, super cheap. I had a gorgeous purple one and Kristie had a blue one, we cycled around for hours on a lush sunny day, Vondelpark is such an amazing and gorgeous place and I loved it! 🙂

DSC_0032

We made sure we took a trip to the famous sex museum and it was kinda funny and strange and I didn’t really like some of the things I seen in there but hey ho, it was an experience.

DSC_0188

DSC_0102

DSC_0155DSC_0143

All in all Amsterdam was a wonderful place to visit and I think I’ll definitely be going there again some day as there is so much more I want to do there! My favourite thing was the bike ride and seeing the beautiful scenery. 🙂

6 Comments

1. June 13, 2016 / 5:55 am

Amsterdam is such a great city. Seeing your pictures makes me want to go back there.

• June 14, 2016 / 7:40 am

It is i agree! I loved it soo much 🙂 x

2. June 13, 2016 / 9:09 am

Interrailing sounds so fun! Amsterdam has always been a place I have wanted to go as well. It’s brilliant to hear that so many people were using environmentally friendly transport ways to get to where they wanted to be instead of cars 🙂 xx

Yasmina | The July Journal

• June 14, 2016 / 7:41 am

It was so much fun i highly recommend it 🙂 yes it was so beautiful and joyful to see everyone riding around 🙂 xx

3. September 1, 2017 / 9:21 pm

I’m going in two weeks and me and my boyfriend have free bikes with our accommodation, I’m a bit scared to ride them now after reading about the craziness haha!! Looks like you had a fab time, I’m so excited to picnic in Vondelpark! 🙂
    Alice Xx

• sophiesophs92
      September 6, 2017 / 10:25 pm

it’s amazing there! You are gunna lovee it! 😀 haha its fine honestly, i hadn’t rode a bike in years but i was fine haha 😛 it is beautiful! 😀 xx